Friday, April 8, 2011

Things Are Looking Up

Well, its Friday ... start of the weekend and the sun actually shone today. It feels like a miracle. Now, if we can keep this rolling through Saturday and Sunday please. I would really, really like to get some yard work done. Its still a little cold for major planting and/or sitting outside to dine. And, I'm going to put a visit to the local vineyard for wining and dining on hold until later into the season but, it sure feels more hopeful out today than it has felt in awhile. I'm dying to start wearing sandals (I'm going to need a pedi first) and to not have to worry about a heavy coat whenever I leave home. I'm thinking that it is built into the very fiber of mankind to rejoice in springlike weather. Ancient man must have felt like the world was coming to an end when spring was late. Anyway, it feels so good to feel the warmth of the sun ... to wake up to the brightness of a spring morning and to hear the birdsong through the window. It makes getting out of bed seem worth it for a change (well, not that getting out of bed is not generally worth it but, you know what I mean). It feels like a new beginning ... like infinite possibilities ... like summer is coming people. It feels hopeful. HURRAY!

No comments: