Thursday, March 24, 2011

March Madness

March has never been a favorite month of mine. We Oregonians usually get a weather tease in January or February that leads us to believe that spring is on its way and then, well March happens. March madness ... and I'm not talking basketball people. Mother Nature seems to go bipolar on us in March. Lately, everywhere I go someone (or several someones) is complaining about the weather. Now, being a native Oregonian, I'm usually pretty immune to weather woes but, honestly, this year seems worse than usual. Maybe its because I'm getting older or, it might just be that this has been a lousy winter. We need spring and its just plain dragging its heels.

Now, don't get me wrong, there are signs ... some blooms, greening grass, Easter decorations in the store. But, its pretty darned hard to get excited about it with temperatures in the 40's and wind and rain blowing in the face. So I thought ... well, I'll put out some spring decorations, do a little vignette, even do a little project. This is it:



I used an old frame that I spray painted antique white and I used some scrap booking papers and press on letters and 'voila' easy, peasy. It turned out pretty cute, I think. And it looks great in my sunroom but people, its still not spring and I'm weary of this stupid weather. Is it possible for March to come in like a lion and go out like a lion as well? That's just not fair!

No comments: