Wednesday, May 11, 2011

No News Is Good News

I've been rather remiss lately about blogging.  There are a few reasons for that.  Not much has been happening ... life has just been going along semi-smoothly (knock on wood).  I have a few projects in the works but, unfortunately, the weather has not been entirely cooperative.  Oh, we've had some pretty days but, I need some consistently dry days so that I can do some outside painting.  PLEASE!  We get a day or two and then it is back to raining.  Definitely not enough time for wood to dry out.  I now find my mind turning back to some indoor projects that are inspired by reading so many wonderfully creative blogs.  I have a great old side table that is so interesting looking but, its finish is dark and not in good shape.  I'm beginning to think that it would look awesome in a distressed vintage white.  I am also in the process of redoing my front porch.  I got as far as I could without painting weather.   So, let it suffice to say that I have a cameral full of 'before shots' and I need the time and weather to get to the 'after' phase.

On another note, our family is into the two month countdown for our second wedding of 2011.  This has proven to be a little less stressful as mother of the groom rather than the bride.  Plus, my son's future mother-in-law has this thing firmly in hand and that is comforting.  I think I mostly just get to enjoy the event.  And, I feel so very lucky that our kids have chosen partners that are truly wonderful people and fit so well with our family.  It makes the celebrations of their marriages so joyous.  Busy, busy summer .... coming right up.

No comments: