Saturday, October 23, 2010

What Goes Around

So, hubby and I had the thought that it would be a good idea to buy an investment rental in Corvallis some years ago when the kids started college. We didn't do it. Then, life for daughter took an unexpected turn ... as life tends to do. She and her fiancee ended up back in Corvallis in graduate school. Guess what? There was not a rental (apartment or otherwise) to be found. That's right folks, Corvallis rentals were at 100 percent. What? So, we decided to go for the investment rental again. This, mind you, was a total pain in today's economic climate. Come on lenders ... snap out of it. You goofed up but, life goes on. But, I digress. The purchase was made and the work began. Somewhere in the madness, I realized that this little house was as close to my first little house (lo those many years ago) as is possible. Cookie cutter houses you know. So, the past couple of weeks have been all about painting, cleaning, and teaching these young ones how to improve and maintain a home. They are quick learners and hard workers but, I have got to say ... I really feel like it is deja vu .... all over again.

No comments: