Sunday, October 10, 2010

In Over My Head

Okay, I thought (actually still think) that blogging is a really neat thing. I have found some blogs to be of interest because I actually know the blogger(s). Other blogs are fun and interesting because of the themes. So I like to write. I always have. I find it a nice way to preserve my thoughts. Occasionally it is cathartic. But, I admit it ... I am in over my head. I am so technologically illiterate that it is mind boggling. I view many blogs that I have to believe must take hours to create ... and yet, these people are spending their time creating beautiful homes, beautiful things, and beautiful families. Still, they have figured out how to take and post fun and helpful pictures to their blog sites, not to mention explaining in detail how to achieve said project. Now I don't have a very wonderful computer, which may be part of my poblem but, really, why can I not figure out how to do this stuff? I hate asking my kids because its so humiliating ... the way they look at me as if to say "Really Mother?" Gads, I hope I didn't do that to them when they were little and trying to learn something. Anyway, I keep thinking I should take a computer class ... or three. But then again, I guess I don't really care that much. I mean, I'm not blogging about cute home projects, etc. I'm just relating my life as a 50 (cough, cough) something-year-old woman getting on with life. If I live long enough perhaps technology itself will figure out a way to deal with people like me. In the meantime, I'll just 'write on' and satisfy my 'cute blogs' fix by looking at those of the 'younger set.'

No comments: