Thursday, February 4, 2010

Here's To Technological Ineptitude

I really, really don't like fooling with technology. Oh, don't get me wrong ... I like the efficiency of communicating via email and I enjoy the voyeuristic qualities of Facebook. But, I find it infinitely frustrating to try and figure out the intracacies of the computer. It is fascinating that you can click here and click there and share pictures, links to other internet sites and transport thoughts and ideas through the ether. I am not good at it. The dragging and clicking seldom works out well for me and when I do stumble into making something work, I won't remember how I did it the next time I want to accomplish the same. I can spend far too much time trying for it to be satisfying or worth it. I got spoiled when my unintimidated, computer savvy kids lived at home. I would beg for their help and they would fix the problem; however, I now realize that they didn't teach me, they just did it. And, it was easier that way. Then, they up and left home ... the ingrates. But, in all seriousness, I have got to figure this stuff out because in the not-too-distant future, I'm probably going to want to keep track of kids who have moved farther away and grandbabies. But, chalking one up for my side, I figured out how to post my picture on my blog. One small step for the computer illiterate but one huge step for me. Its just a little bit rewarding, if I do say so myself. And, the one thing I do know for sure is that unless I figure it out for myself, I will simply never get it. In the words of One Republic in one of their songs ..."We're marching on ...

No comments: