Friday, February 5, 2010

Bad Moods and Attitudes

I am in a BAD mood today. It started with last night's insomnia, progressed through an early morning, fasting blood draw and really took flight after dealing with a surly yet inept barista. And no, I don't want to be cheered up, reminded that things could be worse or told that I have a lot to be grateful for. I get it and I'm still in a very bad mood. In fact, I'm pissed off and I'm tired. I'm tired of being sleep deprived half the time. I'm tired of dealing with nasty, rude people ... especially the type who have a chip on their shoulder and who attempt to alleviate their own emotional misery through mind numbingly heinous acts toward others. I am tired of being shocked and appalled by the behavior of some of the citizens of this country and how we treat one another. So, I'm going to fully embrace this bad mood, this attitude of disgust with humanity and I'm going to wallow in it ... until 5 p.m. today. I hope people will steer clear during my self-imposed gloom fest. Then, I am going to straighten up my attitude, put on my big girl panties and deal with it. I'm going to go find a glass of wine and maybe some really good chocolate and I am going to proceed to rediscover all of the things that are good in this world. In the meantime, I'm in a really, really BAD mood.

No comments: