Monday, July 18, 2011

The Year of the Weddings

The year 2011 has been quite busy at the Cook household.  We've had two weddings in six months.  Our beautiful daughter, Amanda, was married to her wonderful guy, Damola, on January 22.  It was a stunning and joyful wedding.  A lot of work went into her wedding but, by the wedding date we had totally relaxed and let the day unfold.  It did so beautifully and we could not have been happier.  The wedding was beyond our expectations.  More importantly, these two have been together for a long time. They are now husband and wife and they are great together.  Here they are at their reception.  (I apologize for the quality of the photo as I have not gotten the formals yet.)




My son, Blair, married his sweetheart, Sabreena, this past Saturday, July 16 in Bend, Oregon.  It seemed that the weather was going to be a little dicey the day prior to the wedding but, on the actual day and appointed time, a weather window opened to provide the most beautiful skies and backdrop for their outdoor wedding.  It could not have been more perfect.  It was another gorgeous wedding and more joy for our family.  A little special feature of this wedding was that my stepson, Chris, officiated for his younger brother and he did the most amazingly meaningful job of it.  These two kids are so well matched that it must have been fated at their births.  Here they are shortly after the ceremony: 





It has been a busy six months.  I've dress shopped, planned and celebrated.  The weddings were different in feel ... one being a wintery themed affair and the other being an outdoor summery celebration but, they were both beautiful and wonderful.  All of my children are married now.  It is a different feeling.  I feel a little satisfied that they are in good hands, a little wistful that they are grown up now but, mainly I am so happy for us all.  And now ... I'm going to put my dancing shoes away for awhile and rest my poor feet.

1 comment:

Tiffanie said...

Now it's time for grandbabies! ;) haha Looks like a fabulous wedding for Blair and I know Amanda's was amazing! You guys are such great party planners!