Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Works In Progress

Well, I've been the worst blogger lately.  I've not posted a single thing.  In my defense, I have been busy with life in general and a few projects in particular.  The weather finally decided to straighten up and I found out just how far behind I was in my garden.  And, there is that one other little event coming up in a couple of weeks ... my sons wedding.  I just had to find a dress I actually liked.  I'm happy to report success in that area.

I have actually been working on a couple of projects.  One is a porch redo.  While I have made great strides and the porch looks so much better, there is one pesky little part that is holding me back from my 'after' pics.  That is the fact that it hasn't quite been dry enough, long enough around here to paint.  I want to paint the porch floor before I photograph it.  And, there are a few porch rail details pieces we replaced due to dry rot that also need to be primed and painted.  The fellow at the paint store told me to wait 3 to 4 months.  WHAT?  Yea well, that's not going to happen.  That would be the entire summer and I'm bound and determined to have this done before August.  So, I'm going to go ahead and do it real soon.  Then, I promise a post with pics.

The other project is a table make over complete with a matching empty frame gallery in the little foyer area leading into my bathroom.  I have the painting and distressing done but, not the hanging of the frames.  I guess that other things, including a long holiday weekend, have captured my attention lately.  Or, you could just say I'm procrastinating.  But, now that I've thrown out the tease, I promise I'm going to finish this up and post very soon.

So, there you have it .... excuses, excuses.  I will try to do better but, I'm not promising anything.  After all, its summer and this blog is not the boss of me.

2 comments:

Petie@inspirednesting.com said...

Hi fellow Northwesterner! When you started talking about the weather in your post, I had to look at your profile to see where you're located. I can sympathize with the weather and waiting to do much outdoors. Hope we get some real summer soon ;)

Good luck with all the projects. Hope you'll stop by and enter my Home Goods gift card giveaway!

Stephanie said...

I'm very curious to see your empty frame gallery!