Saturday, November 17, 2012

Time to be Grateful

Thanksgiving day is almost here.  It has been a year of trials and tribulations for many but, at the end of the day, it is time to be thankful for the things that are right with the world.  I am thankful that all of my family is healthy and that they will be home in a few days ... all of them, under one roof.  Woo Hoo!


These two lovelies are my daugther, Amanda, and my daughter-in-law, Sabreena.  They will, I'm sure, be my kitchen helpers.




These two handsome, young men are my son-in law, Damola, and my son, Blair.  They are usually in for the heavy lifting, watching football and eating.  Well, that's probably standard in most households.




This is my stepson, Chris.  He'll be on the same wavelength as the rest of the guys.  Easiest going guy on the planet ... I think.



This is his daughter, our granddaughter, Grace Anne.  She is twelve and she is smart and lovely in every way.  She is a definite old soul who surprises us frequently with her insight.




And last but, far from least, is our other lovely daughter-in-law, Elizabeth.  (She wouldn't have been last but, I'm hopeless at manipulating photos on my computer.)  Elizabeth will also be pitching in with the ladies but, this woman loves the cleanup more ... go figure.  She's a lifesaver and one of the nicest human beings on the planet.


So, these are our kids.  Decent, hardworking people all.  We love them and are oh so excited to get our 'wagons in a circle' again.  In fact, we are grateful that they still want to come home for the family feast as they all live either out of town or out of state.  And, at the end of the day, all I really need is this bunch to have a very gratitude-filled day.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND YOURS

No comments: