Tuesday, March 29, 2011

PLAN B

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WEATHER IN OREGON, WAIT 15 MINUTES.

Well, I've been waiting ... not minutes ... days. It is totally the norm to have a mixed bag of weather in Oregon in the spring ... totally. This year, it has been excruciating in its sameness ... bad. In a 'normal' year we will have a week or two scattered throughout late winter and early spring that is nice enough to allow us to get outside and play, do yard work or whatever else we enjoy. Not this spring. It just seems like there is no end in sight. So, rather than work in my yard .... it is on to Plan B. The problem is, I'm running out of Plan B projects that I actually want to do. I've organized closets, done art projects and furniture makeovers, gone to lunch with friends and even gone to get pampered, i.e. pedicures, etc. People, none of these have the desired effect that a week of sunshine would produce. I'm beginning to feel like those ancient people who decided it was time for a human sacrifice to entice the sun to return. Any takers?

SIGH! (Really loudly) Of course, I realize it will get better and that in approximately 4 or 5 months we will be complaining that it is too hot. I also realize that, as problems go, this isn't really a legitimate one. But, who can deny that when the sun is shining, everyone just feels a teeny bit (maybe a whole lot) better. And, when spring and summer really arrives in Oregon, there is simply no place better. But, if one more of my southern Californian friends teases me about our weather .... I might just sacrifice them to the sun god.

No comments: